We provide support for the family and caregivers of the elderly as well. Some examples are:
CONTINUING CARE COMPANION
- Personal companionship when those who care can’t always be there. Quality time walking, having a visit over coffee or tea, reading, looking at photos, playing cards or Scrabble, giving a manicure or taking walks outside when weather permits. *HELPING HANDS provides personal individualized care so our clients become familiar with their companion.
- Errand service – purchasing treats or additional necessities that make life complete.
- Feed assist – personal “one on one” assistance with feeding at meal times.
- Transport privately (local appointments where applicable) or Accompany resident on public transport to and from medical or personal appointments
- Narrative notes provided to document each visit
- Assisting with care of loved ones while the Primary Caregiver is taking a desired or necessary break.
- Information is provided to individuals wishing to learn more about public and private support programs available to them in their communities.